Sunday, December 2, 2012

Good News and doings :)

So today, is supposed to be a day of rest.... I did a lot of cleaning and getting ready for daycare tomorrow morning! I cooked dinner which will serve as lunch tomorrow as well :) I sure love being a stay at home mom/business woman!!!!

Today I talked with another fellow business owner who gave me many more great ideas and venues to look at! I am so very excited about everything!!!! Today I worked a little on possible floor plans and places for the Daycare and Community Center! I thought about how life would be if i acheived all my goals with this project!!!! I imagine my life in the future and truly beleive that I will love it just as much as I love it now!!!!!

A little about me: My name is Deanna Coleman. My maiden name was Deanna Smith! I grew up and graduated from Bennett County, Martin, South Dakota in 2003! I taught dance here in my high school years and after. I attended Black Hills State University with intentions of becoming a High School Counselor and was on the Dance team there. I then moved home and attended Oglala Lakota College for Psychology. I worked with Bennett County Extension office and 4-H for about 6 months before moving to Charlottesville VA as a Nanny! There I met my now Husband, Cedric Coleman. We lived in Lynchburg, VA and had our first daughter Brooklyn in 2006. I worked at Old Dominion Job Corps Center from 2005 to 2008 as a residential advisor! In 2008 I got a job as a HUC (Health Unit Coordinator) at Lynchburg General Hospital where I worked until we moved back home to Martin! We had our son Easton in 2010 and Azylen in 2012! I have had an in home daycare since May 2011, here in Martin and really enjoy being part of these childrens lives!!! The added plus to loving my job is I also get to spend everyday with my children :)

I have observed the past year and a half the lack of jobs here in Martin, the amount of people struggling to make a living, and even find childcare.... Every home daycare in Martin is either completely full or over full, The newer families are either not able to work because there is NO daycare openings OR they are not able to pay for daycare. It would be really nice to have more young people staying in our community and more things to do for younger adults as well as older adults! :)  I am so excited to begin this adventure!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment