Monday, April 15, 2013

Life and the Paths we cross.......

~The twists and turns and mountains of struggles you get through in life teach you lessons, make you stronger and help you for future mountains! I want you to know that If you didn't know already you have friends, and while I can't provide you with money or material things, I can provide for you a friendship that is worth more than anything material! If you need me call me, I'm here for you, My friendship is something I don't take for granted, I love being your friend and I love being there for you in times of happiness, twists, turns, mountains and rock bottom!! ~ 


As most of you know I spend alot of time on Facebook.... One might say i'm addicted but I'm NOT :) I conduct all sorts of business on Facebook, my business, my Community Service projects, I read the news and keep up with all my friends an family, i network, ect. ect. ect. So at any rate I was reading this morning and I saw alot of posts from my friends and family that were just a little down, depressed, "How much more can I take?" kind of posts.... I thought about it and the times i've been in those situations where I wondered just how much more I could take.... What would it take to break me???? 

And All my life its been drilled into my head "God will NEVER give you more than you can handle" "God will always help you through and guide you in the right direction if you listen and talk to him!"   But I do remember a time, just once where I didn't remember those things drilled into my head, I didn't see that there were people who really cared... I didn't see how I was even worth living on this world.... I remember feeling so sad, depressed, Hurt and all alone.... I felt like I didn't have a friend i could go to that would just hug me, have no judgement and listen... 

At this point i realized i had hit rock bottom.... I looked into those last few months and realized I was a Negative Nancy, and I was no fun to be around, I didn't see the good in anything anymore.... Who was this woman I had become? Where did Deanna go? I look back now and I think i cried for days... I was weepy but that night that i actually hit rock bottom.... You know that point where you feel like you're nothing, like your life means nothing? THAT night that I hit THAT point.... A phone call made me realize how stupid I was to have any thoughts like the ones I was having....

I went to a doctor... and Although all my life I had never wanted medicine or PILLS to help solve any problems... just wait it out it will get better... I asked him for help. I told him how I had been feeling... It was so hard for me... I am Deanna and I had never been like this before, I felt like i didn't know anything about myself anymore. 

It Turned out to be Post Pardum Depression and just Plain and simple DEPRESSION!  I had been waiting and waiting and waiting thinking it would never happen to me! I'm too happy and strong to let depression get me.... The pill didnt work right away... it was gradual... I also started taking vitamins and started on that LONG, bumpy, mountainous journey to find Deanna again! At any rate I'm sharing this to let you know it happens to the best of us... It finds us and knocks us down when we're least expecting it! Life never gets easier but it gets better! The harder you work the more proud you are to have what you have! Stop blaming ANYONE else for the way you feel you have the power to make yourself happy! You have the POWER to find yourself! YOU are the key to all your problems.... 

Once you find yourself... No matter what happens in life you can have a better attitude about it.... You will find a way to get through the muddy mess and Move towards the Flowers and Beautiful Grass! Things happen.... Its tough... But if you think about it things could ALWAYS be worse.... Be happy and thankful you're here to experience the path of life :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment