Wednesday, February 27, 2013

OH The Things you'll do :) The Places You'll go!!!!

Oh The Things You'll Do and The Places You'll GO! 

I tell you what, If you would have asked me 10 years ago what I'd be doing in 2013 I would have told you I'd have a family, I'd be a HIgh School Counselor and I'd still be in Martin SD :) I guess I was pretty right!!!! In 2003 I graduated from High School! HUGE point in my life! I planned a BRIGHT awesome future and it was all just beginning :) I was finally getting out of the house and I didn't have a curfew anymore :) :) :) If anyone told me being an adult was hard I'd laugh and say NO ITS AWESOME!!!!!! And get this I LOVED to pay bills! and I loved having my name ON the bills!

At any rate not I didn't waver from my dreams very far! Although I am NOT a High School Counselor, I do have a family! AND I do live in Martin SD!!! But I've had an awesome journey these last 10 years! I am a Home Daycare Provider and i'm dang proud of it! Not only do I get to stay home with my own children I also get to watch other ones babies and care for them as if they were my own! I have the best job in the world! Although when I grow up I would still like to be a Counselor but that has changed as well, Instead of High School I'd like to work in a Group Home or a Job Corp or something of the sort with Troubled young adults who just need a positive PUSH in the right direction! I'd also like to own my own business and be an AWESOME community member! Although I still think being an adult is AWESOME!!! and I still love to pay bills WITH my name on them! I do agree that being an adult is hard sometimes! Gosh, when you're sick you don't get mommy anymore! And you have to worry about staying home sick because if you don't go to work you won't have the money you need to pay the bills with your name on them :) OH and you have to become your parents in a sense when everything finally CLICKS and you realize that they WERE in fact right!!!! LOL and then you start scolding your child the SAME way your parents scolded you!

Making friends is harder too in the grown up world.... and maintaining friendships, juggling them with family and work and all the other things that come out of nowhere, where does time with friends fit in? You certainly have to work harder!

My mom told me to "GO SEE THE WORLD" Go while you're still young and you don't have a family!!!! So I did I decided to become a nanny! and I moved 1600 miles away from home and everything I ever knew! My friends, family, LiFE to move to the UNKNOWN and see the UNKNOWN!!!! Who would have ever thought........

So anyways.... I loved my adventure and I'll probably tell my own children the exact same thing when they graduate high school..... However I hope they come back or don't move too far away.... I can't imagine life without my babies! (Wait is that early onset Empty nest syndrome starting?!?!!?)

SO I made the front page of the Local Newspaper today! I"m super stoked! I'm famous again! I hadn't made the front page for 10 whole years! I have to say i'm pretty proud and i'm not afraid to gloat :P

I hope you all have had a wonderful day!
Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment